Sous Chef Gloria (one of our amazing Card Kit Designers) has graciously provided the following tutorial on making the most adorable (and easy!!) layered flowers. If you purchase (or are on Autoship) for the July Card Kit, these instructions are included with your kit.
1. Cut 6-10 scallop circles from an old book or decorative paper. You can us an old textbook, dictionary, song book, etc. You can use any scallop punch or die to cut your scallops. I find that 8-10 scallops approx. 1 ¾” - 2” is the best number of circles
2. If your book was not quite vintage you can ink up your circles with some distress ink. I like to use Tim Holtz Old Paper.
3. Once you have all your circles cut, stack them together and punch a small hole in the middle. Secure your stack of scallop circles with a mini brad.
4. Starting with the first layer, crumple the circle. Continue to crumple each layer until you have finished the stack.
5. Gently begin to pull the circles apart a bit, shaping your flower.
6. Place your flowers in a “spray safe” area. I use an old box lined with paper towels. Then spray your flowers with glimmer mist.
7. Allow the flowers to dry, then attach your vintage flower to your project and enjoy!