Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Sunny and Wednesday

I woke up this morning and staggered down the hall to wake up the boys - one of which had a student council meeting at 7:30 and the other, well, he gets to go early because he's at the same school.  Anyway, as I came back down the hall a bright color caught my eye out the window and it wasn't white.  It was the sunrise, something I hadn't seen in while.  The snippet I caught through the still-bare branches of the Aspens was gorgeous.  Seriously, it was Peep-pink.  Saturated.  Brilliant!  If I'd been awake enough to form a coherent thought I'd have grabbed my phone for a Project Life photo.  The morning skies heralding, what I hope to be a true forecast of upward temps and melting snow.

You'd think today's inspiration would be Pink, but no.  Colorful.  Yes.  Saturated colors.  Sure.  It starts with this adorable frame created by former Sous Chef Amy Crockett, whose blog is full of inspiring work (miss you Amy! :)  I love the altered frame - I have one at home just like this, but plain and naked.  How easy would this be?  A great way to use up the odds and ends, too.


So you go from Amy's inspiration piece to Maria Swiatkowski's layout using the April Smaller than a Breadbox kit with the same color pallet - the Bo Bunny Surprise line - oh and a sketch.  See, sketch + Apron Strings kit = done and done!


Now it's your turn.  What gets those juices going?  Tackling a project that's been off on the side of your to-do list?  The color pallet?  Using scraps up?  Long-suffering party photos that need a home?  You choose, then share it with us here in the comments section for your chance at the April goodie - which I found last night - American Crafts Peachy Keen - some papers, some embellies and I'll add cardstock to round things out.  :)

Happy Wednesday,

No comments: