Friday, May 24, 2013

Food and Friday Inspiration

This week has been a bit crazed with final days at school, 8th grade stuff, soccer stuff, my sister and her family visiting this week, topped with the fact that hubby has had meetings all week that took him out of the house all day which meant I had all the driving around.  It also meant my menu for this week had to be mostly quick and easy and able to be reheated according to arrival and departure schedules.  With the exception of one recipe, my menu came from Apron Strings I Can Cook That board on Pinterest - something I've wanted to do for a while.  Use the recipes I've been pinning, that is.  Finally.

I made these Thai Chicken Tacos on Wednesday - They were quick and easy and pretty good.  I didn't add the Sriracha, it was too spicy for the whole family so it was served on the side.  I also only used one corn tortilla.  I felt like they needed something creamy, though.  I may try a garlic lime sauce that I use in fish tacos or maybe a peanut satay sauce to go with the Thai flavors.  But I'll move them over to my I Cooked That board, with notes for the sauce.

If you've got some time this weekend to play with your scrapbooks, then here's a little inspiration to get you rolling.  I know I've used this pallet from the Color Theory board before, but it's just so bright and rich and perfect for this time of year.


And the pallet is found in this month's Smaller than a Breadbox kit - the Studio Calico Snippets line.  The very one Jennifer Halleck used to create this layout.


It's also found in the Bigger than a Breadbox kit from June '12 and on this layout by Kristin Perez, using the My Mind's Eye On the Sunny Side line.


I've had a nice relaxing morning with three of the four kids off from school.  I need to leave to get the one and only child forced to attend school this morning which consisted of Mass followed by movies.  I know it's only a half day, but really?  My hope is to enjoy some time in my studio before we need to get ready for tonight's graduation festivities.

Enjoy a lovely Memorial Day weekend!

Happy Friday.

No comments: