Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Week In the Life - Friday and a Birthday

September marks the beginning of birthdays in my little family.  We have a six month break, and then from September to February we celebrate.  Three of those six birthdays are in September alone, so we party pretty good in September.  The downside to the partying is that right now I have a Black Forest cake (for me) from the local Rhinelander Bakery and a half dozen cupcakes left from this guys birthday on Monday.  Come Sunday we'll have even more cake/sweets in the house.  Thanks to my daughter who worked up the photo.


We'll do the Big Family To-do on Sunday celebrating the (now) 5 y.o. and the (soon-to-be) 13 y.o.'s birthdays.  The (for a couple more days) 12 y.o. will officially enter teen-ville on Sunday.  And on Sunday I will have three teens living in the house.  Which means we parents are officially outnumbered.  Pray for us.

Below are my Week In the Life photos from last Friday.  I haven't yet decided whether to include them in my Project Life or to do a mini album of them all.



I have to say I was excited to have reached Friday and was still going strong on the photos.  The run down from Friday:
  • That same collection pond from Thursday, now empty again.  But wait. . .the rain is still falling.
  • My High Schoolers who are off because the school is closed.  The school is difficult to get to when the roads are open, close one of the major routes (of three) to the school and it's not gonna be pretty.
  • Cool morning and a box of peaches means it's Peach Cobbler Baked Oatmeal
  • My fave magazine (Midwest Living) and a cup of coffee start my morning off dreaming of autumn colors
  • Cattails?  Nope, my poor green onions.
  • I was a domestic baking/cooking fool.  Pasta Sauce, Pepperoni Pizza Chili, Banana Bread, Perfect Peach Cake (which is still here to go with the Birthday cake and Cupcakes) and Homemade Dinner Rolls
  • First patch of blue sky seen since last Sunday
  • Mom's Night Out (layouts created to be shown soon. ;D)
Happy Wednesday,

2 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

love seeing all your photos and what youve been up to!!!! we have 3 of our 5 family bdays within two weeks of each in August!!! gotta love all the cake right.. LOl!!!

Lori S @ Apron Strings said...

Oh thanks. Cake? Yeah love it. But my hips and thighs aren't too thrilled.