Thursday, November 21, 2013

Snow, Ice and Gobble Up

What happens when cold air from Canada mixes with moist air from the south?  A freakin' cold day here in Colorado that involves snow and ice.  Not a bad thing to look at from your front room window.  From the ice-skating rink that is the road, yeah, then not so much fun.  Bundled up my boys - well one boy had his Av's hat, mittens and "fat coat."  The other boy, yeah, a hoodie sweatshirt.  Dude?!  Slid them to school.  Slid around town and headed home to tackle more from my to-do lists as I continue through my 4 Week Home Organizing challenges.  I'm loving the feeling of productivity and getting through small projects each day that make up a larger project for the week.

You need to feel that accomplished feeling, too - so let's get you today's Gobble Up challenge.  A search on Pinterest and this layout caught my eye, which led me to the Distress to Impress blog.  Now, it's not really my style of scrapbooking - a bit bulky and distressed for me - however, I can totally appreciate it and can use it for today's inspiration:  use something that's difficult for you.  

For me it can sometimes be hard for me to use non-traditional elements, like fabrics or beads or even some metals, etc.  This layout could help you use up a diecut paper (in place of the large circle).  Or fabric, like the layer behind the photo.  Or grouping leaves and buttons or brads in place of the twig pick around the photo.  Or maybe you have some embossed papers, which is the border strip to the left of the photo and a layer under the photo - it's been torn and inked.  There's even some mini alphas under the photo.


Share your link in the comments and earn an entry into the November drawing. 

Happy Thursday,

No comments: