Tuesday, September 6, 2011

4 Sketches, 20 Days #4

Today is cloudy and cool, I'm blowing off my chores in favor of some other back-logged work, the kids are all back in school - it's fantastic!  And to take it up a notch, we have the first of the September Guest Designer's layout, Patricia Mousstache (aka Patchi), using the October Afternoon Rocket Age portion of the Bigger than a Breadbox kit.  I love it!  Check out all her great work on her blog HERE.  Patchi is giving away an August Smaller than a Breadbox kit on her blog - go and check out the details HERE.

A few tips on the layout:  
  • The photo mat edges and the chipboard were inked with the Maya Road ink pad included in the kit. 
  • The Thickers came in the Apron Strings October Afternoon Good Cheer kit, and I outlined them with a white gel pen (Pentel). 
  • The stitching was made with the WRMK Sew Easy blanket and original piercing heads; DMC floss from my stash.
Now, for today's challenge in using the sketch-of-the-week, which I forgot to mention yesterday is from Becky Fleck over at PageMaps.  This sketch is a great mix of not only a number of photos, but of sizes and orientation of photos.  Today, re-orient two photos - if they're shown as horizontal, make them vertical or vise-versa, otherwise keep the look of the sketch.


Alrighty, off to tackle some much behind work and blow off the house chores. . .which will then put me behind.  I see the start of a vicious circle.

Happy Tuesday.



5 comments:

Patchi said...

I've posted a giveaway on my blog:
http://loandread.blogspot.com/2011/09/apron-strings-giveaway.html

Deanna said...

What a cute page, Patchi! I especially love the stitching and the look of those blue alphas!

Deanna said...

Added my link, "Halloween Costumes" and the details are on my blog.....

http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2011/09/halloween-costumes.html

jengd said...

I LOVE the Rocket Age line and you did a great layout with it! I really like the tails coming off of your star- very creative!

Kelly Sas said...

So creative how you worked in the star theme in your lo and I love your stitching also!