Tuesday, September 13, 2011

4 Sketches, 20 Days #9

It took some serious mental pushing to get started, but today has been pretty productive.  I managed to tackle my Tuesday chores - my entry hall smells like oranges and my banisters are glowing, my laundry is down to one load of linens, I have dinner planned and thawing, and I even have 8 half-pints of raspberry jam setting up on the counter.  Dang. . .what's up with that? 

After weeks and weeks of 90+ temps, I'm eagerly anticipating the 60-ish temps coming our way tomorrow and Thursday.  I may have to harvest and process my herbs sooner than I thought, though.  I'll have to watch the lows over night or all my beautiful Thai Basil, Tarragon and Jalapenos will be lost.  I lost my Cilantro in the August heat :(

Now if only I had time to act on the inspiration provided by Patchi today!  Alas, I'm smack in the middle of post shipping, pre-November kit planning.  But you can enjoy her great layout using the My Mind's Eye Lime Twist portion of the Bigger than a Breadbox kit.  See her fantastic work on her Blog.  She's got a few tips for you:

  • I used a Martha Stewart punch around the page on the "Spring Zag" paper.
  • I punched out stars from the "Spring Stars" paper and adhered them to the large round brads that came in the kit.
  • Pink Paislee glitter alphas for the title (Croptoberfest '10 prize).
  • Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type words added to the journaling list.

More inspiration. . .of course!  Today's challenge in the month-long sketch series is simple, flip the sketch completely upside down.

The night gets busy after the kids come home - homework, dinner, soccer practice for the boys, our daughter is scoring a Level 4 volleyball game and then supporting the Varsity team (late night for her), back-to-school night for the 5th grader and DH is at a doctor appointment this evening.  But did you see?  I have homemade raspberry jam on the counter!

Happy Tuesday.





6 comments:

Cj said...

No Mr. Linky on this post?

Deanna said...

This was an interesting challenge today, Lori....flipping it upside down.

Added my link, "Halloween Fun"
http://momentstocherish-deanna.blogspot.com/2011/09/halloween-fun.html

April said...

Such a cute layout!!
- April W

Kelly Sas said...

LOVE, love this LO!

Sandi said...

Love this layout and the journaling!! Darling little boy.

Jingle said...

Very cute layout!