Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday. . .I'm Pretty Sure

I'm pretty sure it's Monday.  Unlike last THURSDAY, when I titled my post "Friday. . ."  Ah. . .yeah, like I need to lose a day, you know because I'm so caught up I can afford to lose a day. . .sha, NOT.

The weekend went quickly and it felt like I was doing things.  Only time will tell what I did and what I forgot to do.  Christmas, it seems, won't be stopped or even slowed down.  I did a little online shopping; now the come the positive thoughts that the mail trucks don't get slowed by the storm, or product not in stock even though they said they were in.  You know, all the fun things you think of when you place an order five days before you need it to be at your door.

I'm needing some serious time with some paper and adhesive, paper and adhesive that isn't related to wrapping presents.  If you're in that space too, go take a peek at Sous Chef Maria Swiatkowski's December Daily album on her blog.  Well, the cover and an inside page - loving the cover!!! 
Sous Chef Amy Crockett has several pieces in the the Cricut magazine, but in December issue she's got the cover, too.  Apron Strings was her first design spot and look at her now!  And while it may be a little late for this year, you could certainly make one for next year using up scraps from creating with your December kits ;), but check out her cute countdown calendar.  Shoot, you could alter it to countdown to a birthday, a big vacation or things-to-do-over-summer-break.

Now maybe it's because my own cards sit unfinished on my desk (actually they're in a drawer. . .sshhh), or simply because they're just cute, but these cards made from scraps of the December Bigger than a Breadbox kit, the Bazzill Holiday Style line, by Sous Chef Maria are just to adorable.  I love the simplicity of them. . .I mean a block of paper, a strip of coordinating pattern, a punched circle and a punched mat for it - she used a stamp, but you could find a digital image, create your own image or use left over embellies.  Quick and easy!  Love that.


I'm off to try to figure out my day - there are way too many options.

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

jengd said...

Hope it was a smooth Monday. Cute cards!!