Saturday, December 31, 2011

Sad News

It is with extreme sadness, and a whole lotta disbelief, that I let you know our own Sous Chef Anet Tietjen passed away.  Anet was just 39, when she died on Tuesday from an unknown heart condition, leaving behind her husband and two small children.

I am having a hard time understanding this and think a lot about the family she has left behind and their sorrow at this time.  I try to find comfort that Anet was a scrapbooker and her legacy of stories and thoughts are in her albums, holding comfort for her family in her absence.

If you feel so moved to leave a note for her family, you can find a guest book set up by the mortuary HERE.  If you're a member at Willow Traders they are taking a collection for flowers and any leftover amount they are hoping to send Visa cards to use as the family sees fit, or they were talking about getting them dinners from a local make-your-own-dinner places.

My prayers go out to her family.  May she rest in peace.

9 comments:

April said...

This is such sad news to hear. :( My prayers go out to her family...
- April W

jengd said...

Wow- such unexpected news of someone so young. Peace to her family.

Deanna said...

I heard that at Willow Traders this morning and am just so sad. Prayers for her family. She will be very missed!

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

i am speechless. So devestating - I will keep her family in my thoughts.

Nitasha said...

Sending prayers and love to the family.

Maria said...

Thoughts and prayers to her family. So incredibly sad.

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy C said...

How very sad!! My heart and prayers go out to her family. I can't even imagine what they must be going through.

wendipooh13 said...

I'm sooo sorry to hear this.. it's heart breaking... prayers for their family