- My daughter is having her senior pictures done, and she'd like me to tag along.
- It'd be cool to hit the farmer's market.
- There's a Polish Festival that would be fun, if I can find anyone else who'd think it would be fun.
- I've got a box of peaches quickly ripening on my counter. . .I'm thinking jam, especially with the forecast of cooler weather.
- There are shelves to be hung in the last of the repainted bedrooms. I want to get the last of their gear up and out, just in time for school to start for them on Monday.
- I'd like to reclaim cluttered counters, benches and other flat surfaces that seem to have become big-time collection points.
- If all that fails, there's always something to deal with in the basement.
Mini Garlic Monkey Bread - Yeah, I make my own hamburger buns, but sometimes you just need easy, so you grab that tube of dough. And when the outcome is really good, it works and it will be repeated. (And yeah, I'll probably try it with homemade dough, too.)
Key Lime Pie Magic Cake - I'm not sure what my expectations were for this dessert, maybe like a Gooey Cake, but it was more like a cheesecake. It was a few more steps than I usually choose in desserts, especially in the summer, but it was worth it. It was light and creamy with a light lime tang. I've contemplated adding zest to the mix. . .I go back and forth, though.
Summer Carbonara - This recipe wasn't something I pinned, rather it's from my Taste of Home magazine. Luckily I did find it on Pinterest. I like trying to get my kids to eat veggies in different ways, so chopped, sauteed and covered with Parmesan cheese and bacon, worked for the majority of the kids. And, happily, the majority of the veggies.
If I'm gonna make the most of my last day of summer break, I'd best get to it.