Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day and a Layout

I hope you enjoyed a good weekend and if you are a mom, had a fantastic Mother's Day.  

We woke up to this yesterday, but it started on Sunday.  When I got up the snow was already coming down, much earlier than forecast.  So, with a couple kids in tow, we covered the strawberries, blueberries and carrots that were coming up on their own from last year.  The blackberries on the arbor were a little tricky, but with a plan and a stapler, they were wrapped up burrito-style.  Hubby and the kids made a breakfast of Black Forest French Toast, sausage and potatoes.  And a sweet (as in yummy) cherry bourbon sauce.


I managed to sneak away to do a little crafting, between dealing with some "must do's," Mother's Day or not.  Then we headed to my parents house for a big dinner - hubby's side of the family was invited as well.  Even though we were all jammed in the house because of the weather, it was a very nice ending to a good day.

During my Crazy Creative Weekend, I took another step toward wrapping up Project Life® 2013 and used another prompt from StashBusters.  Challenge #8 was all about ribbon (and fiber and fabric strips.)  Remember when fibers were big?  They were the precursor to Baker's Twine and there were some funky and fabulous fibers.  Too bad I'd long ago purged them from my cupboards.  And I just tossed some fabric strips that were in an Apron Strings Bigger kit.  It was Basic Grey's Lollipop Shoppe (now, there's a throwback) - that line was so great!  The kindergartners will now enjoy the remaining monograms from that line.


I used the Doodlebug Springtime line from the March Smaller than a Breadbox kit.  Well, sort of, I cut two strips from the patterned paper to get my color base, used a couple lengths from the Washi Tape (also in the kit) and the rest was all ribbon from my stash. Oh, I did cut the tag down for my title (I added the date after seeing the photo and realizing I forgot to write it.)  The flowers and brads were also from the March kit.  I guess I used more than I thought.

Because the papers are still intact, I'll wait to make cards or another layout.  Embellies will have to come from my stash, though.

Happy Tuesday,

No comments: