Friday, May 9, 2014

Snow and a Layout . . . Yes, snow!

So it was 80+ degrees last weekend and it's been going down hill since.  Today it's mostly cloudy and mid-60s.  By Sunday we are looking at a Winter Weather Watch - yep Winter.  With temps expected to be barely over 40 and snow.  Depending on when the rain becomes snow, we could see 4 to 9" of snow.  S.N.O.W.  By Sunday night we'll be below freezing.  Bring out the canvas for the strawberry patch that is in full bloom and the blueberries just starting to bloom.  I'm not sure how we'll deal with the black berries that are crawling on the arbor.  Not quite what one looks for in a Mother's Day, but that's what Spring in Colorado can bring.

If the weather truly turns out to be what they are calling for, then maybe I'll have some more time for paper play this weekend.  Can't say as I mind that thought.  Will it be as productive as last?  Only time will tell. 

This is another Project Life® page from 2013 that I tackled last weekend.  I'm happy to say I'm past mid-year, but I'll run out of photo sheets before much longer.  I used StashBusters Challenge #7 to get this layout done.  The challenge was all about using up alphabets in combination with mists and ink.  As you may have read, I tossed a good many alphabets. Those doomed alphabets were not unearthed until AFTER I completed this layout.  At the time I was pulling together products, I did look through what I knew I had.  I didn't want to use complete alphabets; I was looking for scraps - one of the recommendations was to use them as a mask.  In the end I didn't find anything that I liked and opted to use the word paper from the March Smaller than a Breadbox kit, the Lawn Fawn Hello Sunshine line.


It's hard to see in the photo, but I used most of the paper.  There were only a few brads, the pom ribbon and a butterfly left.  I used what little was left to make a card, too.


I gotta say, I'm feeling pretty good in what I'm getting done these days - and it's all about making crafting a to-do and not a reward.  I'm not spending a ton of time creating, meaning my house is clean, my laundry is done and my family is fed.  I'm grabbing a few minutes here and there; last weekend was definitely an exception.  I'm digging out and using up older stash, too.  And all of that feels awesome.

For the moms out there, I hope you Mother's Day is a pleasant one.  With or without snow.

Happy Friday,

2 comments:

wendipooh13 said...

snow!!!! that is crazy.. but Utah would do the same crazy thing.. hope it warms up and stays warm.. great PL spread!!!!

Lori S @ Apron Strings said...

Yep, snow. Started earlier than was predicted and has been snowing all day. Luckily, it's been warm, so it's doing a lot of melting as it comes down, otherwise we'd have feet of snow!

Thanks on the PL spread. :)