Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Out of Shape and a Layout

Sorry about missing a post on Friday.  It's been a hectic couple weeks and I totally spaced it out until dinner time Friday, but didn't have a moment to write something up and by the time dinner was over it was out of my head again.

You read about the start of our hectic schedule HERE.  It continued into this past week as my 15 y.o. was being Confirmed last Thursday.  We had family in town, which meant hosting some additional meals, which means more cleaning and shopping.  I'm convinced that not being a "soccer mom" anymore has lessened my ability to juggle the schedule, because I know when we were in sports we'd had busier weeks.  I'm out of practice.



Saturday was the first day where there was really nothing to speak of on the calendar until later in the evening.  I texted a friend I intended blowing off house work and just scrapping.  I told her I had a couple "must-do's" to get done first, but that was the plan:  Me, my StashBusters challenges and photos.  Ahh . . . yeah.  Not so much.  I'm not sure what exactly I did.  I mean other than the must-do's, but I didn't seem to find my way to my work space.  Don't you hate it when that happens.  Somehow the time just . . goes away.

Sunday was the last of the busy days, but I managed to squeeze in time to stick-down the layout using StashBuster's Challenge #4.  



We moved into hard embellishments during this week.  I think I used up all the label holders in my stash with this one layout.  I combined them with my April Smaller than a Breadbox kit - this is the Imaginisce Welcome Spring line.  I have basically all the patterned paper left and most of the embellishments from this kit left, but haven't decided what to do with it - another layout or cards.  

I have five challenges outstanding, two more from week two and then all three from week three.  I have the photos trimmed and a kit pulled for challenge #5.  Now it's just a matter of getting downstairs.

Happy Tuesday,

No comments: