Thursday, August 25, 2016

Throw Back Thursday

Nope.  Haven't played with paper.  Played with embroidery thread.  Played at cleaning up.  Played with sorting out sketches from old scrap mags.  Sat at the table where all my stuff is spread out.  But. nope, haven't created lately.


I used Week Three's sketch, from Scrapbook & Cards Today's Easy-Detailed-Expert classto create this layout.  Week Three came with a cut file of a heart.  I didn't feel like digging out my Silhouette, so I opted to use stitching - something I really don't do.  And now I know why.  It is freakin' time consuming.  Dang!

The sketch only featured two photos, overlapping, in the center of the heart, and in my usual way, I got on more photos doing the overlapping thing, and then loosely following the heart shape.  This one is for my now 17 y.o.'s book.  

So far I've only done one layout inspired by this sketch, but it's still sitting on the table, so I can see it coming into use again.  Basic Grey's Life of the Party, from a 2011 Smaller kit,  helped create this layout.  I used some of the papers to create this layout.  The stickers and a few of the buttons (I added more from my stash) were from the remnants of that layout.  I still have a fair amount of paper, but I think I'm done with the line and will retire the remaining paper to the kindergarten.

Even though it was a longer process to create this particular layout, I like how it turned out.  Plus, it got me doing something I don't normally do.

Happy Thursday,

No comments: