Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Sketch Challenge

The end of July means there's still at least a month of this heat to come.  It means school isn't far off.  It means I'll either be at Target cooling myself while my kids run around getting school supplies, or I'll be in my basement working on the newest challenge from the Super Stash Busters class I'm taking.

If I'm scrapbooking, I'm more likely than not using a sketch to get me going.  Have we established that I'm a sketch girl?  This is the exclusive sketch provided by Becky Fleck over at PageMaps that went into each of the July scrapbook kits this month.  The sketch has spots for seven photos.  I helped break down your options for more or less photos HERE


Here Jennifer Halleck stuck (almost) to the sketch.  She used one less photo, and instead put her journaling (in strips) where the 3 x 3" photo would be on the left side.



Here Kristin Perez also stayed true to the sketch, though her photos on the right side are altered just a bit in size to accommodate the subjects in her photos; cropped them in closer.


Maria Swiatkowski had one less photo for her layout and opted to move the framed 3 x 3" photo down on the left side and put a large sticker where the framed photo was on the sketch.  Her framed 3 x 3" is actually smaller and she's utilizing a frame from the kit.  She also squared her vertical 4 x 6" photo on the right side.


Finally, we have Nancy Longo's layout, which is spot on with the sketch's layout.



With it being the last week in July, hopefully you've at least broken into your box.  If not, take a moment to collect a few photos, grab your sketch and pick a line of paper.  Then sit down, crop and keep your cool.

Go.  Create.

No comments: